Who we are
Global Network for Uganda Volunteers Foundation (GNUVF) is a national grassroots, Non-profit Organization established in 2013 to provide sustainable voluntary services to the most rural and marginalized Ugandan communities.
We are anon-government organization working with marginalized groups of people, especially vulnerable rural women and children in Uganda.
We started as a community based organization and later registered as an NGO in 2018 with functional governance structures that include a board of five members, a senior management team, staff, advisors and volunteers.
Initially, our organization started its operations in Wakiso district supporting women to increase agricultural production for household food security and income generation. Currently, GNUVF operates in all regions of Uganda focusing on socio-economic empowerment of women and education for children.
The Organization was founded as a result of the increasing plight of vulnerable people who could not afford basic needs like shelter, food, clean water and education
Transforming communities through sustainable volunteer projects.
We aim to promote sustainable volunteer projects through practices that help transform livelihoods of Ugandan rural and most marginalized communities, through improved education, healthcare, livelihoods and economic empowerment.
- Increased access to education for all.
- Heighten cross-cultural learning and global understanding.
- Promote health and wellbeing.
- Support community development through Economic empowerment and improved livelihoods.
- Conserve the environment.
Our major strategies and activities are centred on the following SDGs:
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS GNUVF STRIVES TO ACHIEVE
- SDG 1 End poverty in all its forms https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdg1
- SDG 2 End Hunger https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/hunger/
- SDG 4 Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdg4
- SDG 5 Achieving gender equality and empower all women & girls https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdg5
- SDG 6 Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdg6
- SGD 10 Reduce inequality within and among countries https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdg10
- SDG 17 Strengthening the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdg17
By 2018 UVF had improved the livelihood of 500 homesteads and 300 children supported with basic needs like education, clothes, shelter at partner and UVF Schools.
- Accountability and Responsibility.
- Commitment to personal credibility and integrity.
- Professional excellence in organizational management and program development.
- Gender responsiveness.
- Team work.
- Networking and collaboration.
Slogan: Transforming communities through sustainable volunteer projects.