Donations To Consider When Planning Your Trip.
First and foremost all the placements and projects you will be working with are so much in need, so please consider fundraising before your trip to support your project or placement.
Examples of these donations may include but not limited to,
- Exercise books/notebooks
- Laptops, for computer literacy classes and office use.
- Bed sheets
- School bags
- Mosquito nets
- Food stuff (beans,rice and Posho).
- Reading books.
- Drawing books.
- Lady bird books.
- Text books.
- Chalk – white and colored
- Mathematical sets.
- School bags.
- Ream of paper
- Ruled papers
- Crayons, coloring pencils
- Pencil sharpeners, rubbers
- A4 pads
- Paper hole-punchers
- Paperclips, staplers & staples
- Graph/squared paper
- Art paper/colored paper
- Printer paper/plain paper
- Counters, blocks, beads, puzzles
- Educational toys and games; e.g. Lego, draughts and chess
- Rulers, compasses, protractors
- Small musical instruments.
- Any accompanying music books.
- Reference books
- Reading books for 11-16 are in great demand
- Reading schemes.
- Coloring books
- Paints, paintbrushes, scissors
- Glue, sticky tape, stamp pads and ink
- Post-it notes, magnifying glasses
- Playing materials for the nursery kids, like toys etc.
- Writing boards.
- Tooth brushes and tooth pastes.
- Toilet papers
- Sports Equipment’s, like balls, jazzes, sports shoes, ball bumps.
- Pads/ sanitary towels.
- Classroom Furniture.
- Pots of Vaseline
- Bars of baby soap
- Washing powder and cleaning detergents
- The List is endless hence if you can, Please help with whatever you can.
NOTE: Also note that part of whatever you donate goes towards the support of the vulnerable children at Entebbe Road Primary School for their feeding, medical care, scholastic materials, clothing also for the organization ie program supervision, volunteer recommendation letter and certificate after your volunteer work, in country administration costs like internet, transport etc
Centenary Rural Development Bank Ltd, Mapeera House, Kampala, Uganda.
Account Number: 3021800008
Account Name: Uganda Volunteers Foundation